In a tiny space, an indoor bench will become your best friend. Anyone who has occupied small square footage understands the value of multiple uses for furniture — and benches fit that description.
Place an indoor bench. Set a bench by your door, in a great room, near a dining table or anywhere you want seating or storage. There are a thousand uses, including some realistic and not-so-realistic ones.
- Place to throw your coat or grocery bags.
- Underneath storage for many shoes you own.
- Apparatus for those step-up or dip exercises.
- Additional seating, with a cushion, for daily use.
- Perfect spot for any mail, magazines or books.
- A pristine mid-century piece to balance your decor.
- Where you place a vase and daily fresh flowers.
- Additional seating only when guests come over.
- Gallery of your evolving, most-loved objets d’art.
- Part of your always-ready photo shoot.
Show me bench love. Dot & Bo (log-in) curates a wide variety of benches so you can plan ahead. They are made from long-lasting materials like steel and wood, rather than sawdust and glue.
We checked earlier today and some of the “here today, gone tomorrow” picks are shared below. (By the way, Tiny House Joy isn’t sponsored, affiliated, paid or given discounts by this company.)